1. According to the teacher, what is one activity that both leafcutter ants and people do?
Clean their food
Grow their own food
Eat several times a day
Feed their young special food
2. What does the teacher say many people think must be true about leafcutter ants?
They eat leaves.
They live in plants.
They have sharp teeth.
They are especially large.
3. What did the experiments show about leafcutter ants?
How fast they grow
Which plants they eat
Where they look for leaves
How much weight they can carry
5. What would be the best title for the story?
Joe Joins the Team
Practice Makes Perfect
Bill Wins the Big Game
Bill's Basketball Problem
6. In line 6, the word performed is closest in meaning to _______.
7. Why is Bill upset?
He plays better in practice than he does during games.
The school yard is not a good place to practice.
Joe watches him too closely when he plays.
His team loses too many games.
8. Why does Bill play well when Joe is watching him?
He is comfortable with Joe.
Joe tells him how to play better.
He does not know that Joe is there.
He wants to prove to Joe that he is a good player.
9. Why does Joe decide to gather a group of people?
Because he wants more players for his team
Because he wants to help Bill feel less nervous
Because he wants to show them his talent
Because he wants more people to see the next game
10. At the end of the story, all of the following people watch Bill practice EXCEPT _____.
a math teacher
the basketball coach
11. Why does the group have to be quiet when they go to the basketball court?
Because Joe is telling Bill what to do
Because they do not want Bill to know they were there
Because Bill likes to practice alone
Because the group needs to listen to Joe’s instructions